Help - Policies
Bananas has taken all possible steps to secure your credit card details. We take the matter of internet security very seriously indeed. As a result we utilise a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) which encrypts the data stream between your browser and our server.
We sincerely hope that by taking these measures, we give you, the customer, increased peace of mind and confidence to shop online with Bananas.
Bananas are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only store, use and disclose the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998) and the Which? Web Trader Code of Practice. We collect information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process your order and contact you in case of queries and secondly, to provide you with the best possible service. We will not e-mail you in the future unless you have given us your consent. If you would prefer not to receive e-mails/mailings then please select the relevant option within Your mailings once you have logged in to your account.
The only information we will collect about you is: your name, address, telephone number and email address.
We do not hold your credit/debit card information on our web-server and any personal information we do hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy, the law and the Which? Web Trader Code. Also, provided that you inform us of any changes, the information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you inform us of any inaccuracies we will delete or correct them promptly. We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. If we intend to transfer your information outside the EEA (European Economic Area) we will always obtain your consent first. We are registered under the Data Protection Act and all data is held and used in accordance with the act
Bananas will occasionally make names and addresses (but never email addresses or phone numbers) available to companies that we think may be of interest to you, unless you have told us otherwise. If you do not wish to be contacted by these companies, please contact us. Please include your customer number, name and address in your correspondence
To find out the information we hold about you or to correct these details, please write to:
The Data Protection Officer
How we are striving to comply with EU law on cookies
- To enable customers to shop ? saving the books in your basket, recognising your details when you check out etc
- To recommend and advertise books based on your past purchases or browsing history
- To analyse our customer buying habits and enable us to market books to all our customers more effectively
- To conduct research and diagnostics to improve our website
By submitting your information you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy statement. If we change our policy we will post the changes on this page and we may place notices on other pages of the website to inform you about any change. Continued use of our service will signify that you agree to any such changes If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should contact us and we will be happy to help you.
Our Order Cancellation Policy
You have the right to cancel your order anytime before and up to seven working days starting from the day after the goods are delivered. We are unable to amend an order once it has been submitted, however it may be possible for us to cancel your order on your behalf prior to despatch. If your order has already been despatched when you choose to cancel, please our Returns Policy below.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you may return it to us in its original condition for a complete and immediate refund, within 28 days of receipt.
- If the item is damaged or incorrect our Customer Service team will arrange a replacement and collection.
- If, after your order has been despatched, you wish to cancel the order because you no longer require the books, you will need to send the goods back to us at your own expense. When the goods are received back in good condition we will refund you for the goods and any postage you paid on your original order only.
- Authorisation to return goods must be obtained at all times.
Our refund guarantee is in addition to your statutory rights and does not affect them in any way.
How to return
Three easy steps
1. Get in touch through our contact us section to obtain an authorisation number. Alternatively, you can call our Customer Service team 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week, on 0845 606 4274.
2. If your goods need returning please parcel them up with the original documentation and write the authorisation number on the outside of the parcel
3. If it is a collection please leave as instructed. If returning in the post please obtain proof of postage.
Please allow up to 21 days for a refund. Please allow 10 days for a replacement. Damaged or faulty books will be replaced immediately when you contact us.
Our ordering restrictions on books
Bananas Ltd sells directly to the public only. We do not offer any books for third party re-sale. For this reason, there are restrictions on ordering. You cannot order more than 20 of the same book online. If you would like to make a purchase of more than 20 of the same title, please telephone our Order line on 0845 606 4274 and an operator will review your order.
Conditions of use
USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OUTLINED BELOW.
By using this website you accept all responsibility for maintaining the confidentiality of all account details, including password. This may involve restricting access to your computer to prevent unauthorised use of your account, as you will be held responsible for any activity that takes place under your registered account details.
Password confidentiality is of utmost importance, and you should take all necessary steps to ensure that your password remains private to you. Should you suspect that your password has become known, or is likely to become known to any other persons, you must inform us immediately.
By registering as an account holder, you agree that all details you provide remain both correct & true.
Most personal information can be amended via the ‘Account’ tab at the top of every page of our site. Should any difficulty occur whilst updating your details, you should contact us immediately.
Bananas may, at its sole discretion, refuse access to the site, withdraw accounts, and remove/edit content, at any time and without notice.
- A promotion may be amended or withdrawn at any time.
- Free or discounted delivery promotions are only applied to Standard Delivery costs. Some areas may incur a surcharge.
- Free postage offers are only applied to orders with a payment value. Promotions and discounts that lead to a zero value basket will be charged at the standard rates.
We endeavour to keep all information on our site both current and accurate, however on occasion this is not always possible and cannot be guaranteed.
Please be aware that the functionality of our site may from time to time be affected or suspended temporarily whilst necessary repairs and updates are completed. We will make every effort to ensure these occasions are as brief and infrequent as possible.
Acknowledgment of your Order
Once your order has been submitted, we will notify you via email to confirm receipt of your order. If you do not receive this confirmation email within 12 hours, please call our Customer Services Team on 0845 606 4274. Alternatively, complete our enquiry form.
Some of our products are aimed at children, however these are not for purchase by children and must only be purchased by adults. Persons under the age of 18 may only use the site under supervision of a parent or guardian.
Here at Bananas we are opposed, on principle, to censorship, and on that basis will not rule out books that contain difficult topics or those that describe lifestyles at odds with our own. We endeavour to offer a wide choice of books, suitable to all readers, and will aim to accurately convey any potentially offensive content. However, we recommend that all purchases intended for children are thoroughly vetted by the parent/guardian before use with or by children.
By using www.bananas.co.uk or entering into correspondence with Bananas, you accept full responsibility for all data and electronic communications sent from your computer to us.
This website must not be used for any of the following:
- Fraudulent purposes, or in connection with any unlawful activity
- To send, use or reuse any material that is offensive, abusive or indecent.
- To send, use or reuse any material that is in breach of copyright, confidence or privacy.
- To send or use correspondence containing or in the nature of viruses, chain letters, mass mailings or spam.
All content on this site including text, graphics, logos, images, and software is the property of Bananas and its affiliates, and is protected by the UK & International copyright laws.
These terms & conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England & Wales.